Things are changing quickly these days, and we are constantly adjusting to make sure we take care of the cats and people of House of Dreams in a safe and compassionate manner.
- Starting April 5, we're suspending adoptions, especially because our veterinary partner only will be handling emergencies and can't conduct our normal pre-adoption examinations.
- We won’t be accepting incoming cats unless it’s an emergency. We’ll maintain a waiting list for intake requests.
- We’re most concerned about the health and welfare of our volunteers and our cats. We strongly advise volunteers to stay home if they feel sick or are in a high-risk category. We’re using our Slack workspace in addition to our email list to communicate open shifts and requests for coverage.
- We’re emphasizing social distancing for volunteers who are able to come to the shelter to clean, socialize, feed, and medicate. And we’re adjusting schedules to minimize the number of people in the shelter daily.
- We’ve instituted new protocols for cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched areas with a veterinary-grade disinfectant.
- And we’re suspending orientation tours and training for new volunteers as long as the stay home order is in place, We’ll resume them as soon as we are able.
We’re proud of our volunteers at House of Dreams. Each and every one is lovingly dedicated to the care of our special needs cats. The cats are grateful and appreciative, and together, we look forward to better times ahead.
In these challenging days, you can support the cats of House of Dreams. Donate here through PayPal or see other ways you can help!